IGNITE: African Women in Agribusiness Programme FAQs
Application will be open on the 5th of July to 15th August
What is the deadline for the application submission?
Ignite Life/ Housing
- Are all the phases residential?
No...only the first phase is residential.
- Participants will be housed in a dorm or similar accommodation. You are expected to share a room and bathroom with your fellow participants.
It is important to know you are comfortable with this arrangement before you apply. Please note that food and housing may be different from what you are used to. A mark of an Agripreneur is to be adaptable and welcome new experiences.
- How will room mates be paired?
We would like to promote cross-cultural communication as much as possible, which is why we will try to pair you up with someone from a different background. We are also striving to make good matches by taking into account the personal interests mentioned in your application.
- Are there sport activities?
There is a mandatory sporting activity every morning. You should bring your own sports clothes and footwear.
- Do I need to bring a laptop?
Yes, In order to take notes and work on assignments, a laptop or notebook is a must.
- Is there any exam to assess my performance?
There are no exams but there is an assignment system. If participants fail to deliver assignments, engage in a proactive, respectful, social and responsible manner, it could lead to termination of the scholarship agreement.
At the end of the programme,the outstanding graduate takes home a prize.
- Will I get holidays during the period?
The curriculum will be interrupted for some days in between phases. Exact dates will be announced once the program starts.
- Do I get a Scholarship, if selected?
Yes, scholarships will be arranged for exceptional applicants who are selected. By kind courtesy of our sponsors, scholarships will be available for deserving candidates. It covers 90% of the entire programme cost. You are required to fund the remaining 10%. which is one thousand Cedis (1,000) for Ghanaian participants and three hundred USD (300) for other African participants.
A scholarship covers the following expenses:
- Transportation for project related purpose
- Full boarding, including shared accommodation and meals (while staying on Ignite campus);
- Programme materials
- programme related costs, including faculty, materials and Alumni program membership.
- What are the costs that need to be covered by me?
- 10% commitment fee
- Travel expenses to Ignite and back to place of origin.
- Health Insurance
- Personal expenses
- When do I need to pay the Commitment Fee?
The fee will be collected once the selection for the programme is confirmed . Within seven(7) days of signing the scholarship grant agreement, you need to transfer a 1,000 cedis or 300 usd to the bank account of Guzakuza Or via mobile money.
- I am above fourty (40) years old, can I apply?
Ignite is for 40 years and below, however with a very strong and convincing Agribusiness idea and commitment,you can apply.
- I am not woman,can I apply?
Ignite is for young women.
- I already have a full time job, Can I apply?
Ignite needs maximum time commitment,we therefore encourage young women who can make time for the entire programme to apply.
- I'm not a Ghanaian, can I apply?
Yes,you can apply from anywhere as long as you meet the requirements.
- Must I be a university graduate?
No. However, formal education plays a critical role in terms of the outcome we are looking for, therefore you should have a basic formal certificate from a recognised institution.
- I can't write,read or speak English. Am I eligible?
The entiire programme is taught in English and most of our participants are from different backgrounds therefore communication will be in English.